Monday, March 2, 2009

Saturday, February 28

Saturday morning we woke at 8:30 and opened the curtains to a clear blue sky behind the Alps. It was glorious to see first thing in the morning. Betsy dressed for another day of skiing and I dressed for touring Interlaken. Betsy and I went down to eat our jam and bread for breakfast and met up with Lorenzo. Bailey was to go dive again today as her video didn't work out. She was to be picked up at 12 so after chatting at the bar for a little bit we did a quick walk to this antique/junk store where some of the girls picked up some glasses and other knickknacks.

I went to see Bailey jump a second time. There were four jumpers in the afternoon and two more jumped from a plane. Bailey's video turned out this time so we were all happy. The four of us girls then walked around Interlaken. We went back to where Hooters was and started down the streets. We stopped at this restaurant, Des Alps, and had chocolate fondue with all sorts of sliced fruit: apples, pears, kiwi, strawberries, oranges, apricots, prunes, bananas, pineapples, and marshmallows for 15.50 Swiss Francs each. If was really yummy and hit the spot. Afterward, we walked some more, found a Sex Shop, bought some postcards, and received our free gift. When we arrived at the FunnyFarm Friday morning, Fabio, our tour guide, gave each of us a bus pass. With the pass, we got a free gift at this fancy, swanky jewelry store. The gift was a spoon decorated with Switzerland/Interlaken stuff. I was expecting some crappy gift but this was actually cool. We then headed back to the hostel.

We made it back in time to see the guys off on thier nightsledding excursion before heading up to the room for a rest. I'm now sitting in the lounge, people watching and writing. I'm going to call it an early night and wake up tomorrow to go to Mass. Betsy found a church for us to go to. I want to get back to the antique story and pick something up for grandma that I saw now that I have some Swiss Francs to spend. I've had fun in Switzerland seeing the beautiful landscapes, experiencing the atmosphere. I cannot wait to upload all the photos I have to show the awesomeness of the area. It's sooo cool and hard to describe but it was definitely what I needed.

Betsy, Eldon, and I played cards for a while before I headed back to the room to shower and go to bed. All the girls went to the boys room to hang out and party and play beer pong among other games. They didn't get back until late but I was out by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment