Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A day to try new things

Yesterday, don't ask me why, most of us woke up early. Those of us who have Italian Lit found out the answer during class. Turns out, Adam set Courtney's alarm clock for 6 am without telling her, as a joke. Not only did it wake up Courtney and Michelle, but because my room is right next to theirs, it woke up Betsy and I as well. Added to the alarm, the people in the rooms above us were up walking around, in heels, banging into things, rolling their suitcases, and making a ton of noise. So, instead of waiting for my alarm to go off and hoping to catch a few more winks, I got up too.

Literature went okay. We discussed the stories from The Decameron we were all supposed to read and then moved onto Machiavelli. We also discussed our extra credit that we turned in last week and went over what to expect on the final. Language class was same old, same old.

After classes, I spent most of the afternoon in my room on my laptop. I did a lot of research involving traveling afterward and talked with Ania a lot about it too. I'm looking into where I'm going to stay in Paris with Betsy and Eldon and then where Ania, Nikki, and I will stay in Prague. I'm looking into what we can do and where we can go as well. I found this great site for Prague that gives a ton of info on places to stay, visit, see, etc. Paris is giving me a little bit of trouble but I think I found a hotel that will work. Now, I just need permanent dates so I can book then. Ania's taking care of Poland for us, which I thank you gladly for doing. We also need to look into flights/trains from Paris to Prague and Prague to Poland. Then I need to find a way back to Florence and where/how long I'm going to stay in Florence before flying out again. A lot of hassle that's making me sick to think about but as soon as it's all set in stone I'll be better.

Around 4ish or so, Joey dragged Betsy and I away from our computers to teach us this card game called smear. I think it's easier to learn than sheephead but who am I to judge. I won't even try explaining the game here as I just learned it myself yesterday and have since played only too real games. It's fun though and we're thinking of starting a tournament now that like 12 people know how to play.

Last night, the four of us girls went into town for dinner. We found this other Chinese place wandering the city a couple weeks back and went there last night. At first we were a little leery because it was decorated very fancily and we didn't want to pay a whole lot for food. When we looked at the menu, though, we knew we had to eat there as the prices were very reasonable and cheap.

We each ordered an appetizers, dumplings for Betsy and spring rolls for the rest of us. Turns out that I actually love spring rolls. We then ordered our main course dish, I had pineapple chicken that was just delicious. There was even chopsticks for us to use which we had all been missing. With our drinks and cover charge, we each only paid 10 euro each. A great meal that was better than the other Chinese place.

We then found this 99 cent euro store and stopped in; Betsy and I needed to pick up laundry detergent. I found some really cool things there and picked up 8 euros worth of stuff. Cannot tell you what I bought as some are gifts but you won't be able to tell that I only paid 99 cent euro for them.

On the way to the bus stop we decided to pick up gelato. As we couldn't find a gelato place, we decided to stop in and get something from McDonald's. Betsy had a cappucino shake while Ania, Allyson and I had smarties McFlurrys. The smarties were actually candy coated chocolate, so it was like an M&M McFlurry would be back in the US.

Overall, it was a good day yesterday, except for the rain. We were really hoping that the rain was over but it's supposed to rain for the rest of the week. Great. Good thing I still have one umbrella that still works. Well, must do my homework for language. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment