Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm no stranger to the rain

Oh, well. Just when we thought it was over. It's rained the last two days now, practically nonstop. Kind of sucks when you're planning trips and other such things. But, no worries. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

I didn't blog yesterday for several reasons. One: well, I just didn't feel like it. Two: I called Joshua last night and talked for over an hour (more later on this subject). Three: Not much happened yesterday except the usual. It gets old, me just blogging about the same things, over and over again. But today is different; well, maybe.

First, my conversation with my big brother yesterday. I called Joshua around 9:20 pm my time which is 12:20 pm in Vegas. I woke him up. It was his day off of work and he said he normally sleeps in then but I woke him up. I felt kind of bad, but not really considering he needed to get up anyway. We talked for over an hour yesterday, just discussing how my trip's been going and what I've seen so far. I told him about going skydiving this past weekend and he told me that now there are two in our family who have done it. I didn't realize that Joshua had gone skydiving and told him so. He told me that he went when he was in Florida. It's cool having that shared experience with my older brother. He knows what I went through when I did it. I enjoyed sharing that with him.

We also discussed various cars including the Smart car. Apparently, Joshua has ridden in one before. My mom wants to get one but I don't think that would work in a Wisconsin winter. The car would get buried under the first snowstorm or end up in a ditch when driven on ice. Sorry mom, can't say you'll get your wish.

We ended up discussing where I'm going to visit after and what gifts I should get everyone. Joshua wanted a kilt from Scotland but I'm not headed that way. I've got more ideas now, though, for what to get everyone. Thanks for your input brother!

Now, today, I woke up to rain again. We headed into town early for our art trip. We went to the Davanzati Palace that is a 13th century home. Claudia got us an appointment to see the second floor. Those of us taking history had been to the Palace before but not to the second floor. I would have to say that the second floor was better than the first. With the same basic set-up as the first, there is more detail and decoration on the second floor. Each floor had like a family room, a showcase room, a bedroom, and a bathroom we could see. Ahhh, it was just amazing to see the frescoes on the walls, the various paintings and sculptures, and just the overall decorations from the 13th century. Added to the fact that this was the first free art trip we had made this a really great start to the day.

Nothing much else has happened today. I'm still looking into what to do, where to go and stay afterward. Ania and I are going to settle some things this weekend. Hopefully we can finalize our plans soon. We need to book flights and hotels and events pretty quickly before everything is full for tourist season. But, I'm not going to stress out super much. More about all this later.

I'm going to chill for the weekend. Get my laundry done, walk around town (if it's not raining), and just have a relaxing time away from everyone. I've decided to go with FlorenceForFun to the Almafi Coast and see Pompeii.

Oh, I don't know if I mentioned this, but probably not. I broke my glasses yesterday. I was on my laptop and had turned my head right when I heard a crack. I didn't know what happened but I took my glasses off, examined the lens and the nose pieces. Everything seemed to be find but then the side piece that goes on your ear, fell off. I took it into the optometrist today and he fixed it somehow (probably just glued it back together) so I can wear my glasses again. I'm going to have to get new ones though because the repair job is not going to cut it for long. It will last the rest of this trip because it has to but any more will be pushing it. So, mom, this is my early warning to you that I'm going to have to get new frames this summer.

Well, I'm going to shower and plays some cards or maybe watch a movie with the group tonight. Love and miss you all! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment