Friday, April 17, 2009

Author/Book Review (April 10, 2009)

Meg Allison’s new book Dream Walk is one intense, action-packed, suspenseful novel. Although it was not my first eBook or even my first book by a Samhain author, it will forever stick out in my mind because of the intensity the novel had throughout the entire story. From the first page until the epilogue, I was hooked by the story. I came across Meg’s work after stumbling upon Samhain Publishing’s Yahoo! Group page. Fortunately for me the very next week was their Reader Appreciation/Read an EBook week. I logged on everyday to check out what was happening, read a multitude of excerpts by Samhain authors, and even won a few contests during the week. One of those contests that I won brought me to select Meg’s book as my prize. I had read her excerpt from Dream Walk the day before and put it on my to-be-bought-list. When I won one of the daily eBook giveaways from the group I chose Dream Walk, and I do not regret it now that I have finally read it.

The story: the heroin is a medium/erotic fiction writer who is losing sleep over nightmares where a demon is trying to make her insane. In walks the hero: a tall, dark and handsome bodyguard sent to protect the heroin from the demon. Both instantly feel the attraction that ignites between them upon their first meeting. The twists and turns throughout the story leave the reader turning the pages, unable to wait to see what happens next. A hot read that I could not put down and had to read in almost one sitting. I cannot wait until the next Sentinels book; Cami and Ian have only whetted my appetite for more. I’ll have to go out and buy more of Meg Allison’s books to keep me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment