Friday, April 17, 2009

April 13, 2009

Ania and I got up today knowing that we needed to go grocery shopping. But, as we had a list of things we wanted to do, that was our last stop. Our first stop of the day was the train station. There, we purchased our tickets from Krakow to Warsaw. At the first window we went to and asked about a train to Warsaw, we were told to go to another window. After waiting for a few minutes in line, we finally got up to the window. Once there, Ania asked for a local train to Warsaw. The teller behind the window didn’t really understand what we were asking. Fortunately for us, the gentleman who was in the line ahead of us stepped in and translated to the teller what we were looking for. After all was said and done, Ania and I purchased tickets to Warsaw via the express train for 97 zlotty. Because we were under 26, we receive a 25% discount so our tickets only cost 75 zlotty. Both Ania and I laughed after we left the train station because we found it hilarious that the teller had to ask if we were under 26. We found it funny to think we look older, but it could have been that the teller had to ask.

Our next item of business was to walk around the mall. Unfortunately, when we walked to the train station we noticed that the mall was still closed. So, we walked to the grocery store, but it too was closed. It seemed like the town of Krakow closed for Easter weekend and would not be open again until tomorrow. We walked to the internet café and hoped it would be open but it too was also closed. So, after walking around for a little bit, we headed back to our apartment. Once there we did a little cleaning. Ania did the breakfast dishes as I washed the dinner dishes. Then we both went to our separate rooms and started the first stages of packing. Since I bought my new suitcase I wanted to see how I would fit everything in. I put my smaller suitcase inside the big one and was relieved to see that it fit nicely and wasn’t wider than my new suitcase. I then packed what I could and folded everything else up. Afterward, I blogged for a little bit.

Around 5ish, we decided to head back to the train station to use the internet kiosks set up there to contact our families as we both knew that they would be worried. It was more expensive than the café we use but we both needed some internet time. I knew that I would have a “Are you okay?” email from my mom and I was right. After checking my three email accounts and waiting for facebook to load my time ran out. We then walked back to the apartment but stopped by a little restaurant for a little dinner. We decided to call it an early night as we had big plans for the next day and to get our sleeping schedules back on track. Ania tried to get the TV working but was unable to.

No comments:

Post a Comment