Friday, April 17, 2009

April 16, 2009

Today, our last full day in Krakow was spent just walking all over the town. Ania and I went to the mall again today because she wanted to pick up a book to read. The selection at the Empiks, these bookstores that had a small selection of English titles, didn’t suit what she wanted to read. So we went to the American Bookstore, that’s the actual name of the store, and found something that suited for Ania. Afterward, we went to the internet cafĂ© again to just do a quick email check.

Anna had not gotten back to Ania yet so we don’t know what we’re going to do with the keys. We’ll probably just leave them in the apartment or if we see the cleaning lady, just give them to her. But, I wanted to check my email/webtools to see what room Brittany got for me in LaSalle; turns out, according to Brittany, LaSalle filled up 5-10 minutes before my registration time, again. Last year, it filled up before my time and it did so again this year. I’m very pissed off about that fact because now I’m living in Heffron next year in a miniscule room with little to no space. I wanted to be comfortable my senior year and not have to deal with as many issues that I’ve had to deal with concerning rooming problems. I have too much stuff to do next year to have to deal with fire alarms and loud people that is prone to Heffron. I’m stating right now that I will be a huge annoyance to the people in charge if I have to put up with that all year. Brittany did sign me up for the wait list in LaSalle but who knows if that will even pan out.

(Deep breathe in and out. Cleanse the mind of troublesome thoughts.) Okay. Yesterday, while Ania and I were walking around the mall trying to find English books, I ran across the “Quantum of Solace” DVD and had to pick it up. I’ve wanted to see the newest Bond movie ever since it came out. I bought it for 39.99 zlotty in a Saturn store which, incidentally, does not sell cars but is like a Best Buy. Anyway, while the case is all in Polish, the movie can be played in English, Polish, and some other language with six options for subtitles. Ania and I watched it last night after dinner and again tonight. I love the movie. LOVE IT!!!! Seeing Siena and what I believe may be the coast near Cinque Terre just brought back fond memories of my time in Italy. I cannot believe I’m headed back there to leave so soon.

Ania and I leave for Warsaw tomorrow on the 12:00 train. After watching Bond again, we finished up packing. I just have the essentials that I’ll need tomorrow left to pack and then I’m done. We’re supposed to arrive in Warsaw around 3 pm and then it’s a half hour walk to our hostel. There we’re supposed to have free wireless so I’ll be able to upload all my blog entries, do a thorough job of checking my email, and contact my parents, friends, and classmates. Then on Monday, Ania flies home and I fly back to Rome before hitching a train to Florence for my last three nights in Europe. But, before that all happens, I have to get some sleep. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment