Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday

Okay, first of all I appologize for not blogging since Monday. We had midterms this week and I spent most of my free time trying to study for them. Tuesday, I had a Literature final that was not bad at all. There were questions on it that Chiara told us about and we reviewed for an hour before taking the test. After the Literature test we had our Language class. We went over what was going to be on the final for Language on Wednesday.

I spent Tuesday night studying for the History final. I reread the book we read in class and took more notes on the chapters I take the test Wednesday and I'm blown away by what is not on the test. I didn't study dates thinking the test would be on events and people and the what of the event. The test was multiple choice and focused mostly on dates. It was quite horrid but I think I managed to do a fair job on the test.

The Language final was not anything to sweat over either. I had a few issues with the articles but I totally aced the extra credit so I'm not worry at all about it. Wednesday night was spent entirely on studying for the Art final on Thursday. Allyson and I worked together on creating a powerpoint with the pictures of artwork we needed to study for the test. We were given like five artists and various works under each artist. It was a total of like fourteen works we needed to be able to identify. We needed to know the artist, date of work, technique, subject and composition, historical and cultural background, and style for each piece of art. It was completely horrid to study for but as soon as we completed the powerpoint it was easier to do.

This morning we went to the Uffizi museum. I wish we were able to spend more time there then we did but due to multiple circumstances, mainly the test in the afternoon, I had to hurry through the exhibits. There was soooo much art to see. I saw a ton of paintings that I simply loved. We couldn't take pictures, obviously, but I so wanted to take back with me some part of what I enjoyed. I loved being there but hated the rushed feeling and the being in a group. I would go back there just to explore it on my own.

After Uffizi, we came back to Villa Bonelli. I rested a little be then studied for the test. The test was not horrible. I was expecting one of the three we were given and hopeful for another. The third was out of left field but I'm glad we made the powerpoint to study from because it helped a lot. Now, I only hope that what I wrote is what she wanted for the test.

We ate at La Reggia tonight and had another fabulous meal. Bailey, Jill, and I ordered up a bottle of wine and had an even better meal. We had great pasta, roast beef and roasted potatoes, then tiramisu for dessert.

After dinner we drank some more wine/drinks, played a little cards, and the others went to JJ's for even more partying. Most of the group is going to Venice this weekend. Me and my group are staying closer to home. We didn't want to hit Venice on such a crazy weekend, Carnivale and Valentine's Day all rolled up into one big weekend. My group is going to hit Pisa tomorrow and then have a great dinner with Bob tomorrow night. Saturday we're going to Bologna and staying the night there. I think we'll have just as much or more fun than the other group.

I'm now exhausted from too much hardcore studying and very good wine. I'm off to bed after I call the parents. Love and miss you all. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment