Friday, February 13, 2009

And a time for every purpose under heaven

Oh glorious Friday where we go nowhere, do nothing, and eat a wonderful meal.

Last night, all of us went to JJ's to unwind after a week of stress and exams. The best part about last night was Joey received his second shirt and I had my first beer. The worst part would have to be the margarita that I was given. The beer was Strongbow with blackberry syrup. It's a very light beer with none of the beer flavor. I enjoyed it greatly especially when compared to the margarita. Way to much tequila and nothing else. The margarita tasted like pure tequila. Needless to say I was pretty tipsy afterward. I called home after coming back to Villa Bonelli and promptly went to sleep.

Friday, the rest of the group headed off to Venice this morning around 8 am. I woke up with a slight headache that went away after drinking a glass of water. My group planned on heading to Pisa but Ania was not feeling well so we decided to stay in Fiesole for the day. I'm glad because I got all my laundry done and now won't have to worry about it for another two weeks or so. I just had a great relaxing day with no worries in my mind.

For dinner, there were only five of us. We went to La Reggia and got to order off the menu!!! It was the best meal I've had so far. We each had a first and second course with a vegetable. Then there was the bottle of white wine with the pasta, red wine with the second course of the best beefsteak I've had so far, ciocolate gelato dessert, and an after dinner drink of lemoncello. It was the best meal and having such a small number of people made conversation superb. We spent three hours at dinner, the most so far this entire trip.

I'm now in my room writing about today. I'm sure I forgot to mention some things but I'm very tired and will be going to bed soon. The four of us will be going to Bologna tomorrow for Valentine's Day and hopefully spending the night there. I really enjoy Ania and Allyson as they remind me of my sister. Rooming with Betsy is great too as I seem to have extremes when it comes to roommates. But, I'm exhausted from relaxing and doing laundry and laughing so hard and drinking really good wine.

I probably won't blog tomorrow as I'll be in Bologna without access to my laptop. I'll blog about it all on Sunday when we get back. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment