Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wireless is back!!

We got the wireless back at Villa Bonelli right before dinner tonight. It was a crazy, mad dash to grab up laptops once word got out. The first thing I did was go through all three of my email accounts and finally read everything. Dinner interrupted my reunion with my beloved laptop, though. Dinner was good. We had the garlic pasta again but pork for the second course instead of pizza or chicken. It was a good change for once and really enjoyable to eat.

But, to start with the beginning of my day, I had history class. My last history class in Italy with Luciana. After going over what will be on the final, we went to the Roman Ruins in Fiesole. We have been waiting to go there ever since the beginning of the semester but it just opened at the beginning of March. It was only 6 euro to get in and well worth the cost. There is a Roman amphitheater, ruins from a Roman bath, and ruins from an Etruscan and Roman temple. It was all very cool to see the history preserved in this place. I could tell where the rooms in the bath were, where the swimming pools and dressing rooms were. I could tell where the Etruscan Temple was in comparison to the Roman Temple that was built over top it. It was just an amazing experience to behold and I would gladly pay 6 euro to see it again with my camera, which I forgot in my room. After class, Luciana gave each of us her business card in case we are ever back in Fiesole. It felt sad to be saying goodbye because she is such a great teacher.

In language class, we went over the practice test, figured out what sections would be on the actual test, and then watched more of the movie. Chiara gave a burned copy of the movie to Courtney so we would all have the opportunity to watch it. As our last language class, I didn't feel the same as with history. We did our normal "Ciao" after class and walked out of the classroom.

After class, a few of us went downtown to take care of a few things. Betsy, Eldon, and I went to this embroidery stand near the Stazione. We bought an apron and had Lorenzo's name embroidered on it for his birthday. It's sooo cool because it also has 'King of the Grill' embroidered on it as well. The five of us that are traveling this weekend all chipped in to buy it since we will not be here for his birthday on Saturday. The three of us then went to the hotel we're going to be staying at for our last night in Florence and in Italy and booked a room for Eldon that night and a room for me on the 20th. They asked for no credit cards so if I don't make it it's not a big deal.

Afterward, Betsy and I went to the place where we are supposed to be able to get our taxes back on purchases. Unfortunately, you can only get taxes back on purchases over 150 euro and only if you have the special invoice that the store is supposed to give you. So, I don't know if we'll be able to get taxes back on our small purchases or not. We then walked through on of the markets and Betsy bought jerseys for her brothers. Upon arriving at the bus stop near the Duomo, we met up with Lorenzo and his sister and cousin who came over to visit him.

I'm now needing to pack for this weekend, pack to leave Fiesole, and figure out what to do with my schedule. UGH!!!!! Too much to do in sooooo little time. Got to go! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment