Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March 16

Another day in Paradise. Today was a gorgeous day out. I sat up on the main landing of Villa Bonelli, out in the sun, for a good 3 hours this afternoon. Courtney, Adam, Eldon, and I played cards while sitting in the sun. We periodically switched seats to change the angle of the sun on each respective person. I know I got a little burnt because at the end I was feeling a little sore. I was out in the sun too long because when we came back inside I got an instant headache. Too much sun with too little water to hydrate me.

In Global Issues today, Bob scared us with a little speech saying that he assumes we read everything thoroughly and that’s how he is going to test us. He also warned us about bringing in guests to the hotel. Some people have been doing that and that is illegal and Bob said the next time it happens, said person will be going home the next day. He was very upset and I was embarrassed sitting in class having to listen to it because the situation never should have gotten to that point.

I wanted to do laundry today but the dryer is out of commission so I’ll have to do laundry tomorrow, not that big of a problem. The wireless internet is down at Villa Bonelli. The router apparently blew and they might get it fixed by this weekend but who knows. This is really a bad time for the internet to be down because class scheduling starts this next week and we are all still trying to plan our after stuff.

Ania and I officially booked our apartment in Krakow. We now just need to find our way from Prague to Krakow and I need to book a flight back to Florence. I also need to book a room for that night because Betsy and her family don’t come back to Florence until the 21st and I’ll be back on the 20th. I’m going to ask Villa Bonelli otherwise I’ll find something in town.

We leave for Rome next Tuesday so I have to start thinking about what I’m going to take with me. I know I’ll have a backpack and a suitcase but I need to decide what clothes and other stuff I’m bringing with me. I also need to figure out how to secure everything I’m leaving here at Villa Bonelli in my broken suitcase.

The rest of the day went pretty well. We had a different type of pasta for dinner, yeah variety!!!! But otherwise, I found out that my Honors course switched days so now my schedule is off. I cannot take radiation biology because that’s when Honors is now. I cannot take Analytical Chemistry because the lab is the same time as my microbiology lab. I cannot take Physical Chemistry because the class runs over into another class of my that I’m taking for the St. T’s Institute. Dr. Minnerath is going on Sabbatical so I don’t know what I’m going to do about research and everything. She hasn’t gotten back to me regarding my emails and now they’re useless because of the Honors change. I don’t know what other courses I should take. I’m going to have to really take the time and figure it out but without internet access on my laptop it will take some maneuvering to figure out. I’m over stressing the situation, I know, but I register on Monday and I’m the type of person who stresses out about something until it’s finalized or over with. It’s just who I am, especially since I’m an ocean away from those I need to talk to and those that I can talk to.

I’m just going to call it a night early. Try and sleep and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment