Saturday, January 24, 2009

Rain, rain, rain.

I wake up to my alarm at 7 am, waiting for and hoping against a knock on my door. When that knock does not come for about 10 minutes I promptly fall back asleep thanking the good Lord. We would have gone to Lucca today as we did not go yesterday, but the weather was too crappy. I woke up to heavy fog and pouring rain. So instead of traveling I did homework. Quite a lot of fun, mind you.

I also went to Mass today at the Duomo again. It was pouring rain when Betsy and I walked to the bus stop. It was pouring rain when we went to get her a bus ticket, she's going skiing on Sunday and had to buy her ticket to get there. We then proceeded to walk in the pouring rain to the Duomo from from the station to get to mass. After Mass, which was cold since I was wet, we walking in (yup that's right) the pouring rain to the Chinese restaurant for dinner. Lucky for us, it was open at 6 so we didn't have to walk in the pouring rain anymore.

There were five of us and we each ordered from the 10 euro menu a different item. We all enjoyed what we ate and most of the food was gone from our plates when we finished. After dinner we each tried another shot of grappa. The stuff smells like rubbing alcohol and tastes even worse. The taste stays in your mouth after you down it and only time erases it. Afterward, when walking to the bus stop, it wasn't raining, YAH!!!!!! Besty and a few others got gelato from the place near the bus stop and we hopped on only after a 10 minute wait.

We came back to the hotel, changed into clean, dry clothes, and proceeded with our night. I called home and talked to dad for a while. Mom was at school so I'll call again tomorrow after my dinner. I then played cards with some of the other students here until 10 when everyone dispersed. Overall, not a very excited day. I was pretty bored with my homework but it needed to be done. Hopefully, if tomorrow is a better day than today and not raining, I'll do a little shopping as I really haven't done any yet. I will also sleep in as much as I can. I love and miss you all!!! Ciao!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like this grappa is the in drink? I hope you aren't acquiringa taste for the stuff as we don't have it here, I have asked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lordy no. Grappa is a horrible drink. I can't even describe it well. It totally ruins your taste buds for a while after you drink it. I'll just stick with wine.

    ReplyDelete