Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bring on the Rain

Okay, so the title of this blog really has nothing to do with my day. I was searching for song titles with the word rain in it because when I came back from dinner tonight it was raining. Betsy, Ania, Allyson, and I all went into town around 3ish to walk around and go to the Chinese place that I went with Bob to to eat dinner tonight. Only, there was a big problem. Now, it usually takes the Number 7 bus about an hour to get from Fiesole to the Duomo, give or take 10 minutes depending on how busy it is. So when we got into town we walked around trying to find the Chinese restaurant. I could not remember exactly how to get there because we were going the back way from what I remember. So we got a little lost, but then Betsy pulled out her map and we found our way to the restaurant. When we got there, around 4:30ish, it was closed. I swear Bob told us that it was open all day, but it was closed. So we walked around a little more, entered a few shops, looked around, bought some truffles and met up with the another group of us that came downtown for dinner. When we walked back to the restaurant, it was still closed. So the four of us just walked over to ZaZa, another restaurant around the corner.

ZaZa is a dine in restaurant that is known to be patronized by many celebrities. When we entered the restaurant, we saw pictures of Ben Affleck and Bill Cosby along with many others hanging on the wall. We were seated at this nice table that had a cushioned bench on one side, chairs on the other. The meal we had was divine. Each of us ordered something different and each dish was great. We only ordered a first course and water/wine for the meal. When we were done eating, we took our waitress' advice and ordered this heavenly dessert made of some sort of cheese, eggs and sugar. It was mixed into a cream and served with sliced strawberries. It was so good that each of us were moaning and groaning. All totaled, the meal cost us 14.25 euro each, not a bad price for very good food.

It was on our way back to Fiesole that it was raining. This brought on the idea to search for songs with 'rain' in them. When we were waiting at the bus stop, a police car was stopped in front of us at the light. I swear that the policeman in the car was just staring at the four of us the entire time his car was waiting there. It was kind of creepy to look over and find this guy staring. It also seems like it takes 20 minutes to get onto the bus from any stop besides the one at Fiesole. No matter what time we get to the stops in town, it feels like forever until the bus comes back.

Nothing really interesting happened this morning. I had Italian Lit and Italian Language classes today. In both, I learned a little more on each subject. Tomorrow I have history and Italian Language again. It will be interesting to see what we'll do tomorrow for history, if we'll go out to see a site or not.

I was able to call my little sister yesterday. I called her from skype and she said the same thing that mom said: that it was like I was right there calling. It's nice to be able to call my family and not have to worry about phones or phone cards. Anyway, I didn't sleep well last night so I'm probably going to go to bed early tonight. Arrivederci!

1 comment:

  1. Well daughter dear, how about getting some recipes for these desserts. It is very good that you have to walk all over, although I would like to ride in one of those SMART cars. Sounds like you have rain a lot. Take Care of yourself

    ReplyDelete