Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lazy days

Ahh, Sunday. The day of rest. Since I went to Mass yesterday, I didn't go this morning. I woke up around 8:30 as I had a very good night's rest. I have a delightful Italian breakfast of yogurt and a croissant with jam. The juice machine was down again so I just had water. Basically, it was a breakfast that wouldn't keep me satisfied for long.

I thought that the maid service was going to come again today, so I grabbed my computer and the books that I needed to read for class and took them into the lounge. I got a good 2-3 hours of work in before we all realized that there is no maid service on Sundays. I then went back to the room to make my own bed before continuing my work. I took the time to clean up my desktop and uninstall things that I downloaded but am not using anymore. I then waited for an appropriate time before calling home.

It seemed like it took forever for it to reach 2 pm my time, 7 am back home. But wait I did and then logged into skype and made my phone call. Of course, the one time my parents are not up early on a Sunday was today. I woke them up with my phone call but it was good to call home and hear mom and dad. We talked for about 15 minutes before the connection started getting a little bad and then hung up.

Basically, I did absolutely nothing useful today. I didn't go anywhere until dinner, just stayed in my room. A blah day.

For dinner, we went to Etrusca again. The spaghetti with red sauce that we had was delicious. I don't think anyone had any left on their plate. We had grilled chicken again for the second course and it tasted better than the last time. We had the choice of gelato, tiramisu, or panna cotta for dessert. I chose the panna cotta and it was delicious. It's this milk, cream, sugar and gelatin dessert and kind of tastes like marshmallow fluff only better. Anyway, it was really good and I really enjoyed it.

When we walked back to Villa Bonelli it was raining. It's supposed to rain all week, off and on, so I might get wet when I go out walking. Oh well. C'est la vie. We start classes again tomorrow and so I'll say Buonanotte and go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Does it rain there a lot? Is it winter, spring or what in Italy? I noticed that your pictures show you with a coat a lot of the time. Is it cold there or are you just cold? I am glad you called today. Your voice sounded like you were right here. Weather here is cold -- 10 above zero -- but that is a lot better than last week. Glad to hear that the food is good. That really wouldn't be very good for 3 months. What's this about maid service? I taught you how to make your bed. Just be glad that you don't have to do the dishes. C'est la vie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's spring time, I guess, here in Italy. They don't normally get snow and 40-50 degree weather is the norm. It's sometimes cold, hence the jacket, but even on very nice days, when you're in the shade or downtown it's colder. So a jacket is needed; plus, I'm tend to be cold. As for the maid, this is a hotel so one comes to tidy up the room. I just didn't realize she doesn't come on Sundays. Yes, I know how to make my bed, as my former roommates know. I am glad I don't have to do the dishes as with the 16 of us, there are a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete