Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chocolat

Oh, for the love of chocolate, I would do practically anything for some. Today being Sunday, I was able to sleep in as there is no maid service. Betsy left really early this morning to go skiing up north so there was no reason to get up. I woke around 9-9:30, got dressed and lied around my room for most of the morning. I read, did a little homework, and then Googled Grey's Anatomy episodes. I caught up on my missed episodes of Grey's Anatomy until around 2 when Ania came and dragged me out of my room.

Ania, Allyson, and I walked down to the bus stop with the intention of taking the bus into town. When we got to the bus stop, it just left after dropping the passengers off. Normally, the bus waits 10 minutes at the stop before moving on. So instead, the three of us walked halfway down to Florence and then caught the bus to Florence where we stopped off at the Supermarket to do a little shopping.

The three of us got a slice of pizza from the bakery and then hopped the bus down to the Duomo. We walked back to Santa Croce to the chocolate fair to get some more chocolate. It was a zoo at the fair. We had to push our way to the counter in order to purchase some chocolate. Each of us bought a little block of chocolate as well as some smaller different types of chocolate. It was around sunset now so we walked back to the Duomo to catch the bus back to Fiesole.

We ate dinner at Etrusca tonight and had the same spicy pasta that we had the first night we ate there. Our second course was the fabulous pizza again and I had gelato for dessert. My gelato was a mix of hazelnut and what I decided was banana flavored. I was a little annoyed at dinner but that's nothing new. I'm now waiting to call home and actually have someone on the other end of the phone.

I've been googling chocolate now. It was amazing to see all these different stands with all these different chocolates. Apparently, this only happens like once a year for three days so we got very lucky. It's good to be having real, good chocolate again, as it's my caffeine link since only Coke is sold over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment