Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Clueless

Today I only had one class, history. We were to meet down at the Duomo as Lucianna was going to take us around town a little bit. She gave us a map of Firenze and showed us where the original Roman wall was surrounding the Duomo. Lucianna took us around the Duomo area, showing us Dante's home and church. We also visited this small church for poor people that, to this day, still uses whatever contributions they get to help the poor. She pointed out the old tower houses in the city and showed us how many of the original stone homes are now incorporated in some of the newer structures. At the end of the class we visited this palace from the 13th century. We were only able to tour the ground and first floor as the rest was being restored but it was interesting to see. There was a dining room, sewing room, and bedroom we were able to see. It was really cool to check everything out.

The five of us in the class, minus one, then walked back toward the Duomo to catch the bus back up. I had worn my new boots, bad idea, and my feet were killing me. We got onto the bus and Bob joined us at one of the San Domenico stops. Back at the hotel, we noticed mostly everyone had gone into the city as there were no more classes left for today.

The rest of the afternoon I worked a little bit on homework but basically read this novel I downloaded onto my computer. I tried taking a little nap but didn't really feel like taking one even though I could have used it.

The big topic of conversation today was surrounding the incident from the night before. All of us here wanted to know what was going to happen but we were destined to be disappointed because Bob couldn't tell us much. The girl is completely clueless of the situation she caused. She doesn't understand that she was at fault and now has completely freaked all of us out. At dinner tonight, I sat by her so that Allyson didn't have to deal with her. Her questions and comments showed that she believes that it was just stress that caused her to break down. It's a topic that just makes all of us upset and I cannot even...never mind, it makes me too agitated to think about it.

We had the spicy pasta again tonight for our first course, roast beef and salad for the second, and the awesome tiramisu for dessert. All was delicious, as expected, and I enjoyed the tiramisu as La Reggia's is less coffee tasting then Etrusca's.

I'm going to get some more of my homework done tonight, hopefully finish the assigned reading for one of the books I have to read. I'm going to call it an early night as I was unable to fall asleep last night. It didn't help that one of the girls came back singing Madonna at 2 am. Whatever, I'm used to getting by on little sleep. Love and miss all of you. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment