Tuesday, April 21, 2009

On the way home

Monday morning came about too soon for my liking. Ania and I got up and prepared to leave Warsaw and Poland. We caught a taxi to the airport and there we separated. Ania had to go to the other terminal then the one I was in. I got in line to check-in but found out when I got to the desk that my bag was 3 kilograms or something over. So, I had to get out of the line and rearrange my luggage. I tossed out my towel and a zip-up sweatshirt right there in the airport and then transferred some of my gifts to my backpack. When I got back to the desk, after a long wait in line, I breathed easy when it weighed only the 20 it was supposed to. I walked to my gate and sat down and waited for a couple of hours before my flight boarded.

As my flight time got closer I apparently missed the boarding call. Twenty minutes before my flight was to leave I heard the final boarding call. I didn't hear them make the first call so I was panicked when I finally got on the airplane. My flight to Rome, though, was one of the best flights I have ever taken. Only two hours long, we were given a large sandwich and our choice of drink on the flight. The seats were also very comfortable and not crowded. I was surprised at this because it was such a short flight but it was one to remember.

When we landed in Rome, I hopped the shuttle train back to Roma Termini where I purchased another train ticket to Florence via a Eurostar. An hour and a half later, around 7 pm, I arrived in Florence. After stopping at the McDonalds for dinner, I walked to my hotel and checked-in. Didn't do much else once I got to Florence as I was exausted from all the traveling. I went to bed around midnight after completing a little paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment