Tuesday, April 21, 2009

counting the days

Today, after waking up early and eating breakfast, I walked around Florence. I went to all the markets and even the browsed through the shops along Via Cavour. I bought a ton of gifts for everyone that I still had to get gift for. After doing this wandering around for two or so hours, I went back to my hotel and picked up my luggage. I walked to the train station to catch the #7 bus back up to Fiesole for the last time. Riding the route brought back so many memories of all the times I had ridden it before. I kept thinking that at any moment one of the others or even Bob might hop on.

Unfortunately, that didn't happen but I made it up to Fiesole without any problems. After making the trek up to Villa Bonelli, I walked in and saw Chiara behind the front desk. She took me up to the room I'd be sharing with Betsy and her family. After plugging my laptop in I went and retrieved my suitcase from storage. I proceeded to then remove everything from the broken suitcase and place it on the bed. I then went through and tossed what I was going to toss. After doing that, I separated all my gifts from the rest of my clothes. After placing a layer of dirty laundry on the bottom of my suitcase I proceeded to pack my gifts and whatever else I could fit in the suitcase. After my big suitcase was full, I moved to my smaller suitcase. I only hope that they are not over weight as I have no recourse but to pay whatever fee it will be because I have no room to maneuver.

It was good to see Betsy and Eldon again. I have missed them and am glad we are traveling back together. I met Betsy's mom and brother today as well. They seem like nice people. I showed off all my gifts that I bought. Ooohed over pictures and gifts they bought. When Betsy took her family for a walk, Eldon and I went down to the Coop to get some dinner.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day, trying to move all the luggage we have to our last hotel in Italy. Being the same one as I stayed at last night, I don't think I'll have internet. I'm going to miss it here but I'm definitely ready to go home. My sister and grandma are picking me up at the airport and will be waiting with my cell phone and some chocolate milk. I've miss skim milk the most on the trip. Only two more days before I get to have some and see all the people I've missed. I'm going to be on campus on Friday into Saturday to catch up with all my friends. Call me, don't text as my plan has been removed. Can't wait to see everyone! Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment