Sunday, April 19, 2009

Last day

My last day to explore Warsaw. Tomorrow Ania flies home and I fly back to Italy. This morning, after preparing for the day, Ania and I walked back to the train station to get directions. She was going to her orphanage and needed to know how to get there. We walked back down the street a little ways to a shopping center where Ania got on a bus headed to Chotomow and her past. When she left, I went and browsed in the stores but didn't see anything I like. So, I wandered around town, heading toward our hostel. I decided to go to the market again and see if there was anything I'd like to get. I found a souvenir shop and bought a few more gifts for people before heading back to the hostel.

Back at the hostel I made an excel spreadsheet of all the things/gifts I have bought in Europe. It's really quite a work of genius, my spreadsheet, because it lists the gift, who it's for, where I purchased it, and how much in cost in euro/zlotty and in USD. I'll be able to use this when I fly home and have to claim my purchases. Once this was done I blogged a little and uploaded some pictures.

Ania came back around 5is and told me all about her time at the orphanage. We then walked to the market together where she bought some more gifts for her family and I browsed through the items available. We then found a restaurant to eat dinner. Neither of us had anything to eat all day besides chocolate so we were very hungry. Ania got chicken in a plum sauce and I got a chuck steak in roast sauce. We both had roasted potatoes for our side dish. My meal was fabulous. The sauce was very tasty and the steak was perfectly cooked. I really enjoyed the meal.

We walked back to the hostel and requested a taxi for tomorrow morning, 9 am. Ania and I will do a little shopping at the airport when we get there and spend the rest of our zlotty. I'm going to miss her, not sharing space with her anymore. She gets to go home and see her family. I have to wait a few more days, spend a little more time in Italy, before I get to see mine. I'm definitely ready to head home, be back home. I'm going to visit campus this Friday as I have things I need to take care of before school is out. But, I have to get some sleep so I'll be ready to fly to Italy and take a train from Rome to Florence. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment