Sunday, March 8, 2009

Festa Della Donna

Today is International Women's Day! It's a day to celebrate women. On this glorious day, I won my first online contest. One of the Yahoo! groups I have subscribed to is having a Reader Appreciation week where various authors are giving away a ton of free stuff: ebooks, print books, and an ereader. One of the authors posted her contest very early Sunday morning and I was the first to answer correctly. Well, not exactly correctly as I counter one of her books twice, but she gave it to me anyway. The prize was a free ebook of my choice that she has written. It's soooo cool!!! I know I'm just going to love this week and this group.

I've been chained to my computer all day posting on this group, hoping to win. I did take a walk to the piazza this afternoon to check out all the stalls for Women's Day but basically I chilled for another day.

Dinner tonight was pasta and pizza with gelato for dessert. A very good meal but not very satisfying as it's what we usually have. As we were leaving the restaurant, all the women were given mimosas, little yellow flowers, from our waiter. The flowers are now in the glass with the roses we got this morning from Bob. They look sooooo pretty sitting on our desks.

I'm going to bed soon, as I've been up for a while and am tired now. I cannot believe my time here is almost done. Pretty soon, I'll be back home working at Kwik Trip instead of taking the bus into Firenze.

No comments:

Post a Comment