Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ironically it happened twice

Wednesday, I woke up to a beautiful clear sky. I had a great breakfast of croissant, yogurt, and orange juice. I wrote Tuesday's blog this morning before while Betsy was out for a run. Then I went to History class at 10 where we discussed more on Florence's history. We have an exam next week in History, as well as language and literature. About ten minutes before class is over with I noticed it was darkening outside. Sure enough, when we leave the classroom and head back to Villa Bonelli, it starts to rain. Just as we get to the terrace of Villa Bonelli, it really starts to rain. Another day of rain.

I spent the next two hours, before language class, doing some reading. In language class we went over more info on the definite articles and how they're used. After class, I followed Ania and Allyson to the pastry shop we usually go to to get pizza, but it was closed today. We head back up the hill and stop in this other pastry shop. Ania got this, apparently, divine pastry and bought me an equally nummy donut. But, as we leave the pastry shop it starts raining again!!!!! I had said before class, as we were walking that the sky was clearing up a little bit, even though the cloud cover over Firenze was very heavy, but that it would probably rain again right after class. Low and behold it did!!! I cannot believe it.

I spent the rest of the afternoon before supper doing some more reading and taking a mini nap before Betsy came back from going into town and buying soccer tickets with the guys. The game's next Sunday in the afternoon. I have no inkling to see a game because I don't really know the rules so I wouldn't know what was going on.

We ate dinner at La Reggia tonight were dinner was, as always, great. Pasta for the first course, the roast beef and potatoes for the second course, and gelato for dessert. It was great and made even greater that it wasn't raining either before or after dinner. In fact, the sky was cloudless when we left Villa Bonelli to walk to La Reggia. We were able to see many stars and the moon.

Tomorrow, I have art class at 11 so I'm going to sleep in a little bit. I'm going to bed early and waking up late. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment