Monday, February 2, 2009

I really hate rainy Mondays

So, I wake up this morning in tip-top shape, ready for a new week, with lots of energy to keep me going. The first thing I notice is that it's a little chilly in the bathroom with the window open and that it's raining. Yah!!!! Rain!!!!! (Said in a sarcastic, monotone of voice.) Raining Mondays really suck. Walking to Global Issues, as taught by Bob, it wasn't raining or sprinkling so I didn't have to use my umbrella.

We don't really do much in Global Issues. Bob gives us the assignments for next week, we talk about the newspaper articles we were supposed to have read throughout the week, and then he asks if we have any questions on any of the reading. That's about it. I'm not used to this kind of course where everything is on the student. Bob told us to make sure we read up on Assisi, Lucca, and Siena (where we're going on Friday) because they will also be on the midterm exam in two weeks. My only question is what about the cities will be on the exam? What am I supposed to know? I'll have to ask Bob later as he wasn't at dinner tonight (but that's for later.)

After Global Issues it wasn't really raining either. We all went back to Villa Bonelli, waited for the maids to finish cleaning and went our separate ways. I pretty much sat in my room all day because soon after it started pouring out, really pouring. I wrote about Lucca and set up a table for my pedometer info which I'll post later. I fooled around in excel, learning how to do equations and sums in the program. I also called my papa and talked with him for a while. I was going to call my brother tonight but I'm not feeling so hot so I'll do it tomorrow.

Most of us were looking forward to dinner tonight. Today is Joey's birthday and tomorrow is Jill's birthday. Bob had set up a special surprise for them at dinner. We get to Etrusca to find out that Bob will not be dining with us tonight. I'm looking at Ania wondering how the little surprise will work out if Bob's not there. The owner of Villa Bonelli came and ate with us tonight and helped us figure a few things out.

First of all, we were served garlic pasta tonight, sooooo gooooood. Then our server, whose name escapes me, gave out a bottle of wine to the opposite end of the table. Four people got glasses of read wine and one person got a glass of white. It was really weird and random considering none of us ordered any. Laura (I think that's the name of the owner of Villa Bonelli) asked our waiter and she told us it was complimentary from the owner of Etrusca in honor of the birthdays. After dinner and dessert, champagne flutes were brought out for everyone and three bottles were open for a toast to the birthday people. We sang happy birthday, toasted all around, and drank down the three bottles. A fourth bottle was given to Joey and Jill to share for they were the birthday people.

It was a really amazing dinner and we all had an amazing time. Everyone's going out to J.J.'s tonight to celebrate but I'm not going to go because after I came back from dinner I was not feeling so well. Even after taking a shower I still don't feel so good. I've decided to call my brother instead, now if he only answers the phone. Amore a tutti voi, arrivederci.

No comments:

Post a Comment