Monday, February 23, 2009

Except for Monday, which was never good anyway

I cannot believe how the time has flown since arriving here in Florence. Since arriving on the 10th of January, I’ve been in Italy for 45 days! My trip to Europe is almost half over. I’ve got 49 more days before I fly back to the states. It’s weird when I think about the fact that I’m over in Italy, taking classes, enjoying the scenery, culture, and cuisine, while the rest of my world is back in the states doing similar things with less newness upon waking everyday.

I was reading the Cardinal Newspaper after Global Issues today and just got to thinking how totaly removed from everything back home I am. All the events I would normally attend, all the things I would normally do, all the people I would regularily see, I'm missing. I miss seeing my friends in my major. I miss talking trash with them, I miss campus. But, I'm having a blast here in Italy and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Today, like a typical Monday here, started a little differently. I woke up early to start my laundry at 8am. Then ate breakfast with Dr. Fox and Dr. Rodeheffer before heading off to class at 10 for Global Issues. I did two loads of laundry today and had each dried so I now have clean clothes to wear to Interlaken this weekend when I go skydiving. AHHHHHHH!!!!! I cannot believe I'm going skydiving!!!!!!!

The rest of the day was typical Monday. Waiting for the maid to finish cleaning the rooms. Working on homework that we didn't want to do over the weekend or last week. Starting homework that we got in Bob's class. Just chilling on the internet.

I walked down to the Coop after it reopened after siesta and bought chocolate, pringles, and coke. I needed to break my large bills so I could send my letter back home. I didn't put it in the mail today as I didn't want to wait in line to mail it. I'll put it in the mail tomorrow after class, before we leave for Viareggio for Carnevale. I still need to buy a mask for Carnevale as it's one of my goals for this trip. I also need to buy some typical touristy post cards to send back home.

Dinner tonight at Etrusca was interesting. When we first arrived, there was this group of Americans that were very loud and obnoxious and from how they were acting I understand why Europeans have a bad stereotype of Americans. After they left, we found out they were from Vanderbilt, although they acted very immature and young. But, enough about horrible American tourists, let's talk about dinner. We had spaghetti pomodore, amazing; a beef stew type dish, heavenly; and gelato for dessert. Basically it was another very good meal in Italy.

When we got back to Villa Bonelli, Bob met with each of us to discuss our midterm. I did great, only missing the mark on one question and not very far. He wants each of us to correct our error(s) and then give back the exam. Tomorrow will be a great day! I cannot wait for skydiving!!! Ciao!!


No comments:

Post a Comment