Sunday, February 22, 2009

40 days in Italy

February 20 marked the 40th day since I've started counting my steps here on my vacation. Having left January 9th and arrived in Italy January 10th, February 20th is not exactly the 40th day IN Italy, it's actually the 42nd. Well, let me explain everything. I started counting steps, calories, and miles walked each day on January 11th. At the end of each day, I keep track of these numbers in a notebook and on an excel spreadsheet. Now, I, somehow, missed January 18th, but every other day since I've been here I have numbers for.

I've since made a table of average steps walked per day, calories burned per day, and miles walked per day. I also have in the table the total number of all these items. It's quite impressive to see how much walking I do over here in Italy. Some days have greater numbers because I may have walked down to Florence or because we had a day trip. Other days have very tiny numbers because maybe it was raining or I just didn't do anything that day.

In the table below, you see the total and total average to date of the calories, steps, and miles. All these numbers came from my pedometer. I would like to thank the Health Advocates for their Walk it Out program which I participated in first semester. That is where I got the pedometer. Anyway, just wanted to post this for those who were wondering and care.

Calories
total to date: 10026.5
Total ave/day: 250.7

Steps
total to date: 305283
Total ave/day: 7632.1

Miles
total to date: 145.409
Total ave/day: 3.635

1 comment:

  1. So you should be just wasting away with all the work for your feet and the brain to figure out all that information. Smile though because you are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete