Thursday, February 19, 2009

A day of agony

Achooo! I'm still sick. I woke up this morning actually feeling the worst I've been all week. My throat was sore, my nose was all stuffed up, and I was just plain sick. The night before I had Jill french braid my hair into pigtails. This morning I took them out and then put my hair up in a half-pony. I sat next to Eldon at breakfast this morning and as my back was to the door, a few people had to do double-takes because they didn't know it was me sitting next to Eldon. It's nice to know that by just changing you hairstyle you can shake things up a bit.

We had our Art & Architecture class this morning at 11. Claudia gave us back our midterms and explained the grades to us. I got an A/B and I was happy with that. But some people were not happy with their grade and complained. After class was over, some people stayed after and talked with Claudia about it. When we met up at 3:30 for the second half of our class at the San Lorenzo Church, Claudia told us that she re-examined our tests and re-evaluated our grades. Basically, my A/B will now be an A-.

I was happy with my grade and did not complain. What happened in the classroom was something I really hate. People started confronting Claudia in class, in front of everyone. That's not how these types of situations should be handled. I felt very uncomfortable with all the tension in the room. I can't stand confrontations like those because you're forcing the teacher to take a stand to control the room and no one comes out the winner. I was surprised that we could continue with the rest of the class as easily as we did. Those situations are ones I would rather be as far away from as I possibly can. But, what's done is done and in the past.

Touring San Lorenzo Church was great. San Lorenzo Church is a church made by Brunelleschi for the Medici family. There is so much Medici history in the church, and three Medici's buried there. Donatello did most of the artwork and sculpture inside the church as he was a close friend to Cosimo the Elder who patronized Donatello. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside the 1st Renaissance church in Florence but everything was beautiful. We even were able to visit the newly opened museum attached to the church. Overall, it was a great experience and I learned a lot about the Renaissance style.

We had dinner early tonight because some of the guys were going to a late night soccer game. Dinner was again fantastic. We had a great pasta course, chicken and salad for the second course, and tiramisu for dessert.

I'm now back in my room, preparing for an early night as we're leaving for San Gimigano tomorrow at 8:30. As I'm also still trying to get over my cold. I'm going to bundle up and go to be early. I'll take a ton of pictures tomorrow to add to my blog for everyone to see. Amore e perdere di tutti voi.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are taking good care of yourself. Get some good rest. Enjoy what you can. Make sure to add your pics to Picassa. Keep smiling

    ReplyDelete