Saturday, January 17, 2009

Oh what a night

After my little excursion into Florence yesterday we had dinner at La Reggia again. Last night, dinner was another great pasta dish for the first course and then turkey and peas for the second course. I sat next with Andy and Adam and Eldon last night. We talked about the guys trip to the soccer stadium, Duomo, and journey across the river. Adam recommended to me a bridge filled with jewelry that they saw. He thought that was something I would enjoy seeing. For dessert, we had a flan type thing that wasn't my cup of tea but was still interesting.

The picture is my attempt at using the night function on my camera; apparently you need a very steady hand. It is the view of Florence from the edge of the lookout nearby La Reggia.

After returning to the hotel, everyone decided that we all should go out. Some of the other girls wanted to go dancing but decided to do that tonight instead. So we went to this bar in town called JJ Hill. It's an Irish Pub type place. Everyone was ordering shots and drinks and we got ourselves 4 tables in the corner area to sit at. We all had a great time there. I did a shot of Limoncello, a lemonade tasting shot that went down very smooth. It was afterwards that you felt the kick of the shot. I also had a glass of the house wine that was very good. We spent a couple of hours at the bar and I left when they closed the basement floor at 1:30.

I was in bed trying to sleep when the rest of the group came back to Villa Bonelli. The whole group was so loud; laughing, giggling, screaming, and singing. I was surprised that Bob didn't come down and yell at them. This morning, Bob mentioned that the front desk had received noise complaints from the other guests staying at the hotel. They were very loud for at least 2 hours and that was not helping me fall asleep. Somehow or another I did sleep a little bit before my alarm went off this morning at 9 am.

In this picture, Allyson was trying to move the straw out of her way when the picture was snapped. There is Allyson, me, and then Ania at the bar.

I really did have a lot of fun last night just hanging out with everyone and talking to the others in our select little group. It's interesting to see the different majors and personalities collide like they have. We are all adapting to this new way. Last night was our toast to surviving our first week studying in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment